Thursday, October 1, 2015

Back in Japan, 2015

Travel Transition Tired Three Planes Three Movies Two Books Rain Everywhere

Thursday, October 1, 2015 - To finally land in Tokyo after a 13+ hour flight from DC and it is as exactly rainy as it was in Chapel Hill when I left is surreal. Because of the little movie screens in the backs of every plane seat, very few people talk to each other. I was quiet for that long - believe it or not! I started the novel The Teahouse Fire by Ellis Avery and The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan; watched 3 movies and slept some.

 I always sleep solid from Tokyo to Hiroshima - a short 2 hour flight - because I am dizzy with time zone shifting and airplane food and air and travel exhaustion. Charlie and Yoshi picked me up at the Hiroshima airport with my oversize art/easel bag full of the work for the Tokyo show and my heavy suitcase full of gifts and books.....Yoshi managed to drive safely through the torrential rain and lightning storm.
I am back in my Sun View Room at the World Friendship Center see more here
I love the smell of my wheatgrass tatami mat room with a simple futon, desk, chair, sink and small fridge. I should finish unpacking and get to bed. Just wanted to revive this blog after a few years!

No comments: